September Return Arrangements
Information for parents/carers who have a child starting at or returning to Ridgewood in September.
Tuesday 24 August 2021
Please take time to read the information below carefully. Note that for some year groups, students will be required to attend a lateral flow test BEFORE their official start of term date.
- Official start of term — 8:40am on Thursday 2 September. Full school uniform must be worn. This day will be used to carry out a lateral flow test for students where parent/carer consent has been given. Throughout the day students will take part in a range of induction activities. On Friday 3 September students should arrive at 8:40am and normal lessons will begin on this day.
- For more information on Year 7 transition, please visit: ridgewoodschool.co.uk/transition.
- Year 12 students who have consented to have a lateral flow test must attend at 1:00pm on Thursday 2 September. Once their test has been carried out they will be expected to leave school site.
- Official start of term — 8:40am on Friday 3 September. This will be an induction day. Business dress must be worn from this day onwards. Normal lessons will begin on Monday 6 September.
Year 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13
- Year 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13 students will receive an appointment time, via InTouch, to attend school for their first lateral flow test on either Friday 3 or Monday 6 September. On the day of their appointment they will need to arrive at school at their allocated time, take the test and return home. Students do not need to wear uniform on the day of their first lateral flow test appointment.
- Official start of term — 8:40am on Tuesday 7 September. Full school uniform must be worn. Normal lessons will begin on this day.
Please get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page, should you have any further questions.