Our approach to social media:
- Only core staff from the school’s Communication Team will be posting / tweeting - this is in order to ensure the effective safeguarding of students in line with their media permissions.
- Posts and tweets will be made on an ‘as and when’ basis – there is no expectation on the minimum number of posts/tweets made.
- We welcome involvement from our followers, and we try to join the conversation where possible and appropriate.
- We are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive, but we pass on any helpful suggestions to colleagues in the relevant department
- Follows and retweets are not endorsements of content and as a rule, we do not follow the accounts of parents/carers of students at Ridgewood.
Key points for parents/carers:
- Twitter should not be used as a means of communication between parents/carers and the school. Please continue to get in touch with us via the Contact Us page of our website, should you have an enquiry. This is the most efficient way for us to support you.
- Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or inflammatory comments will be reported to the police before being removed. As will those that mention specific staff or students in a derogatory or defamatory way.
- Twitter requires those using the service to be 13 years of age or older, please be mindful of this should your child try to set up an account.
- Please note that parents/carers interacting with us via Twitter are subject to our Parent Code of Conduct policy.