Your Progress Careers advisors at Ridgewood are:
Gemma is in school each Tuesday and Amanda is in on Thursdays. Both are based in the Careers Office in the Post-16 Centre.
We are here to help you make good post-16 choices for yourself, and we offer the following:
- One to one career interviews — to look at pathways after school and career aims
- Email advice — drop either of us an email with any career questions you might have
- Lunchtime drop-ins — see us in the lounge area next to the dining hall on the days we are in
- Information updates — via the website, twitter, and noticeboards
- We help to organise careers cafes and other career related events
- We run small group workshops where required
In the main we focus on seeing Year 11 students for one-to-one career interviews, but you can talk to an adviser whatever year group you are in. Come and see us during a lunchtime drop in or ask your tutor to let us know that you need career advice or support.
A one-to-one interview is a great opportunity for you to think through your ideas for the future and make a plan of how to get to where you want to be. We support you to think beyond your immediate next steps and help you to develop career planning skills.
Progress Careers advisers are impartial, so we won’t push you to choose one option over another, and we don’t ‘tell’ you what you should do. Our role is to support you in making your own decisions.
Finally, we don’t know everything, but we do know where to look!
Please get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page, should you have any further questions or to speak directly to our Sixth Form Careers Advisors.