- Your child has to be in Year 9 or above in order to start their Bronze D of E.
- At least one hour of planned activity per week should be completed for each of the Physical, Skills and Volunteering sections. This must be done outside of curriculum time.
- The Award is broken down into four sections and will take up to 18 months to complete.
- To find out more about each section please download the information below.
How does it work?
- Each young person will be supplied with a login for the eDofE
- Your son/daughter will need to regularly evidence what they have done and upload this onto the webpage
- Every document that is sent home will also be uploaded onto the school website
- Your son / daughter will need to register with the award scheme – this costs £31.25
There are three expeditions which each student involved in the programme will need to attend:
- Training weekend – this is a compulsory element to the expedition training
- The cost of this will be £80.00 and this includes accommodation, transport (to Peat Rigg only) and most of the food
- Total cost to complete the Expedition is £200.00
- We will be asking for this to be paid in 3 amounts
- 1st Payment of £60.00 by 1st December 2017
- 2nd Payment of £70.00 by 1st April 2018
- Final Payment of £70.00 by 1st September 2018
- This includes transport, insurance, campsites fees and the use of expedition equipment
- You will need to supply the food & fuel for cooking for the expedition
- There is an expectation that your son/daughter attends the meetings as per the schedule
- If you want to kit your son/daughter with any equipment, please speak to the D of E staff at school before you purchase anything. You will also a receive a discount card for kit with your registration pack.
Payments can be made by following the instructions on the document that you can download from this page. Payments can also be made by standing order: Initial deposit of £30 by the 17th November and then 10 payments of £17 on the first of every month starting December 1st.