West Yorkshire Police - Degree Apprenticeships
Interested in becoming a police officer? Earn while you learn with debt-free degree through West Yorkshire Police.
29 September 2020
This route is for people applying to be a Police Officer, who do not already have a degree.
Salary : £21,402 (increasing to a minimum of £27,030 after three years)
The programme takes three years to complete and is jointly provided by Leeds Trinity University and West Yorkshire Police. It consists of a mixture of classroom based learning and ‘on the job’ training.
All tuition fees will be paid for by West Yorkshire Police.
What do I need to apply?
To apply you must :
- Be 17 years old or over. There is no upper age limit. You can start the application process if you are 17 years old, but you must have reached 18 years to start the course.
- Pass grades in both English Language and Mathematics at Level 2 / GCSE (A*-C or 9-4) or equivalent.
- Have a Level 3 Qualification (this is equivalent to A Level), or experience as a Special Constable or PCSO. If you are due to receive your Level 3 results in 2021 you can apply with your predicted grades. You must provide a letter from your school or college confirming that you are expected to achieve the required qualifications.
- Have no criminal convictions (minor offences will be considered on an individual basis).
- Meet our attendance standard.
- Be able to pass the job related fitness test.
- Comply with the Force tattoo policy.
- Pass the police vetting checks.
The application process can take up to 12 months, depending on the applicant.